Thursday, February 4, 2010

My how a year can fly by! It really does seem like yesterday that we were preparing to go to the hospital in the morning to be induced to have Alena! She wansn't technically at her due-date.. that was the 10th, but since Jacob was such a big-boy, they humored me a bit early. Needless to say, though, Alena didn't need prodding along. She started her own labor in the morning and at 2:30pm on February 5th, she arrived! My! What a wonderful addition she has been! It really does make me happy to see the interaction between all of the children! Never once has there been any negative emotion or reaction from either of the older two siblings. Casey adores Alena and Jacob loves her dearly as well. The other day, there was fear and concern on his face when he thought he had left the door to the garage open..when indeed it was just me checking on him (he had gone out to bring in one of his toys that had been stranded in the 'snow storm')! The look of concern on his face was priceless! My how we love this little one! Oh, I'm sure there will be days when she's annoying to the older two.. when they want her to go away.. but for now, I rejoice in the love they show her and how they treat her! Alena truly is the baby in this household.. I'm sure one day she'll show just how spoiled she is... I think we can handle it :)

Happy 1 year birthday tomorrow Alena Bug!! We love you!!

PS. I've been down on the posts and pictures lately... One, Alena doesn't sit still long enough and she surely doesn't look at the camera when she's called on :) Two, the 50mm lens isn't focusing right... and Three... I've misplaced my short-lens... :(


0 comments: