Animal Kingdom and the Lodge is a bit further away from the other Disney parks so while staying AKL, we spent some time at Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Disney Studios (previous posts).
Animal Kingdom has a zoo feel to it and has awesome rides such as the Safari and Expedition Everest, just to name a few. We did not do the Safari this go round (we've done that before). We focused on guaranteeing a few rides on Everest this go round. When we've gone before we have gotten there too late for Fast Passes and we don't do long standby lines. This time, Mike and Casey went to the park first thing and got on Everest and also obtained a few passes for later in the day (and for me to ride :))! Jacob, Alena and I got there just after park opening.
My pictures from Animal Kingdom are more nature oriented but I did grab a few of Mike and Casey riding Everest!
Animal Kingdom has lots of water sources...
River with Expedition Everest in the background...
Flower growing by the water...
Expedition Everest! The ride isn't totally functioning as normal. The Yeti has been taken down (he was too heavy and his support base was cracking). They'll have him fixed and ready for us upon next visit, I hope!
Picture of Expedition Everest (from the web):

Mike and Casey on the ride:
Closeup of them lovin' it! These types of pics are common themes in the Dudan Family blog, huh?!
I had to post this picture! On our way back from watching the Lion King show, we saw these "cardboard/insert your face here for pictures" thing! I don't remember what caused Jacob to get in a 'tude (I think he was upset that he wasn't tall enough for the top 'hole'. He chose not to participate but from where he was pouting he unknowingly participated! I had to take the snapshot! Check it out!
All this fun, made Alena zonked! In her daddy's arm, so precious!
Back at Kidani, while baby completed her nap, I took Casey to get her face painted.
Alena, later, enjoying the huge balcony off our room (it spanned the living room and the bedroom)!
And finally, some of the gorgeous animals we enjoyed watching nightly while staying at AKL!

0 comments:
Post a Comment